What birds need in Summertime:
- Fast food so they won’t have to leave their eggs long
- Energy to feed new hatchlings
- A nearby source for fledglings learning how to find food
How you can help:
- Fill several feeders – hopper, tube and platform style – with a variety of bird seed.
- Fill a dish feeder with mealworms for extra protein.
- Keep food fresh. Moisture and humidity can cause mold to develop.
- Set up a birdbath for drinking and cooling off.
- Attract hummingbirds and orioles with nectars and fruits.