Choose a feeder that’s:
- Easy to clean. Mold can build up and nectar can spoil easily in warm weather.
- Equipped with an ant cup or moat. Ants are reluctant to cross the water to get to the nectar.
Nectar Know How
- Keep it Fresh. Change it every 2-3 days.
- Keep it Simple. You can mix concentrates or powders right in the feeder. They dissolve easily and without lumps. Added nutrients like calcium can help with egg development.
- If you make your own, use pure white cane sugar only. Dissolve 1 part sugar in 4 parts boiling water.