Is it time to replace your sump pump? Here are the signs to look out for. Ace’s Home Experts show you what to look for on a faulty sump pump.
5 Signs You Need To Replace Your Sump Pump
It is making strange noises.
- Sounds coming from your pump can indicate worn or damaged parts. Investigate your pump by checking all visible parts.
Vibrates excessively when running.
- Pumps that have sucked up hard debris can have their impellers bent or damaged. It is best to take pipes apart to assess if any replacements may be a viable option.
Infrequent pump usage.
- If you dont use it, you lose it. The same goes for your sump pump. Check on all parts by running under surveillance for a few days. If things are running smoothly, no worries.
Runs all the time.
- This does not necessarily mean it is time to replace. However, sump pumps last up to ten years. Be sure you are not over running yours.
- Brown corrosion can be visible and harmful to your pumping system. This can me bacteria build up or rust in the pipes.
For more tips and advice, go to tips.acehardware.com