Unsure where to start when it comes to selling your home? Ace is here to help! Follow this checklist to making your home look like an item off the, must have list.
A Checklist for Selling Your Home
1. Take a Walk-Through
When you’re getting ready to put your house on the market, it’s good to take a walk-through, with someone who’s impartial, to take a good look at all the things that need to be fixed. Check the following items to make sure they’re working properly:
- Door hinges and handles
- Drawers in kitchens and baths
- Lighting and outlets
2. Clean-Up and Fix-Up Indoors
You may need to do some cleaning, patch and repair to make your home look as attractive as possible to potential buyers. Check these items for any quick fixes that might be needed:
- Flooring and tile. Repair any damages.
- Shampoo the carpets and remove any unsightly spots.
- Touch-up walls and trim or re-paint entire rooms to create a well-maintained, neutral look.
3. Tidy-Up Outdoors
Your exterior should look neat and presentable on first impression. Repair damage and add these finishing touches to bump up your curb appeal:
- Repair loose trim. Touch up chipped or peeling paint.
- Freshen up the finishes on door hardware, your mailbox and exterior lighting.
- Add some appeal with colorful potted plants.
- Tidy up your landscaping. Prune trees and shrubs, treat weeds, fertilize your lawn and keep it trim. Plant flowers and add fresh mulch to landscape beds.
For more tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com.