The Traeger is a capable of so much more than you imagined. It’s now time to bring your cuisine to new depths with grilled oysters! This recipe uses the exclusive Reserve pellets available at your participating Ace Hardware or online at acehardware.com.
Grilled Oyster with BBQ Sauce for Traeger
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Pellet: Reserve Blend
- One dozen large oysters, scrubbed clean
- 1/4 cup Traeger Sweet & Heat BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 4 dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tbsp chives
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- To make the sauce: In a small bow, combine BBQ sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco hot sauce and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Scrub the oysters thoroughly removing any barnacles
- When ready to cook, set the temperature of Traeger to high and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place oysters directly on the grill grate and cook 7-10 minutes until they open removing one by one as they open up to ensure they are not over cooked.
- Once they open up, discard the top part of the shell. Spoon a bit of the BBQ sauce mixture into each oyster and place them all back on the grill to cook for 5 minutes longer.
For more tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com