Bacon, croutons, brussels sprouts, is your mouth watering yet? This delectable side-dish is a salad we can support. This tasty recipe is a great as an appetizer or an entree.
How To Cook Brussels Sprouts On A Traeger
PREP TIME 15 MINS
COOK TIME 60 MINS
1 LBS APPLE WOOD SMOKED THICK-CUT BACON
1 LOAF FRENCH COUNTRY BREAD, OR OTHER THICK LOAF FOR MAKING CROUTONS
2 LBS BRUSSELS SPROUTS, TRIMMED AND QUARTERED
2 TBSP MINCED SHALLOTS
1 TBSP FRESH THYME LEAVES
3 TBSP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
2-3 TBSP BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1/2 - 1 CUP GRATED PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO
For more recipes, go to Tips.aceahrdware.com. Published: 2/26/2020
- When ready to cook, set temperature to High and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. Place a large cast iron pan on the grill as grill preheats.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the crust off the bread, then tear into 1-inch pieces.
- When the grill is hot, cook the bacon in the cast iron pan until crispy on both sides, about 15-20 minutes. Cook in batches depending on the size of the pan.
- When the bacon is cooked, remove from the pan but leave the drippings. Allow the bacon to cool, then coarsely chop or crumble the bacon. Set aside.
- Place the croutons in the bacon drippings and stir to coat. Add a generous pinch of salt.
- Close the grill and cook, stirring once or twice, until the bread is toasty, about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and place the croutons on a plate.
- While the croutons cook, place the Brussels sprouts, shallots, and thyme on a large baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil, 2 tsp of salt, and a generous grinding of pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook with the lid down for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the Brussels sprouts are browned, add the balsamic vinegar and cook with the lid closed again until caramelized, 10-15 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Toss the sprouts immediately with the bacon and croutons and place in a serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
- Taste, adding more salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- *Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.
- Access this, and over a thousand other Traeger recipes on the Traeger App.