The Dan Patrick Show’s Paul Pabst sacks boring burgers with his go-to patty, stuffed full of chorizo, and pepper jack cheese. It doesn’t stop there – the burger is then stacked with more melting cheddar cheese and all the toppings.
Chorizo Cheese-Stuffed Burgers On The Traeger
PREP TIME 20 MINS
COOK TIME 45 MINS
CHORIZO CHEESE STUFFED BURGERS
2 LB 80/20 GROUND BEEF
4 OZ TRAEGER PRIME RIB RUB
12 OZ GROUND CHORIZO, COOKED
2 SLICES PEPPER JACK CHEESE OR CHEDDAR CHEESE
2 OZ TRAEGER BEEF SHAKE
1/4 STICK BUTTER, MELTED
4 BRIOCHE BUNS
- Mix 2 lb of 80/20 ground beef in mixing bowl with Traeger Prime Rib Rub.
- Divide the ground beef into eight 1/4 lb patties. Make one patty the base, lay down 1/4 of a cheese slice, add 3 oz. of chorizo and top with another 1/4 cheese slice. Apply another patty on top and pinch the ends all the way around the burger to seal together the two patties.
- Repeat until all 4 patties are done.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 325 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place burgers on the Traeger for 15 minutes on each side. If desired, top each burger with slice of Cheddar cheese, let melt. Remove from Traeger and let rest for 10 minutes tented with foil.
- While burgers are resting, brush the brioche buns with melted better and toast for 30-45 seconds on the grill.
- Remove buns from grill and assemble burger with toppings. Enjoy!
- Follow along as we give you a recipe each day this week from The Dan Patrick Show Game Day Recipes eBook.
For more recipes, go to Tips.acehardware.com.