Creamed Corn is great, but grilling the corn that goes in it just brings it up to the next level. Enjoy this recipe compliments of Grill Master, Kevin Kolman from Weber.
Yield: 1 gallon Prep Time: 30 minutes Grilling Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ lb. Butter, unsalted
- ½ lb. Yellow Onion, minced
- ½ tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ¾ tsp. White Pepper
- ¾ tsp. Black Pepper, fine grind
- ¾ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 wt. oz. All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¾ quarts Half & Half
- 5 lbs. Corn
- ¼ lb. Sugar
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions and spices and cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the half and half and corn. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and parmesan cheese. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes more.
- Adjust thickness if necessary. Thin with half & half or thicken with roux (half melted butter/half flour).
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or transfer to a storage container. This will be the cream mixture to mix the grilled corn into
- Preheat Grill, Smoker or Charcoal Grill to 400 Degrees
- Cook all direct over low heat
- Place the soaked corn onto the grill grate, close the lid and let cook for 2-3 minutes
- Open the lid and rotate the corn to the next side
- Continue this process until all sides have been roasted/grilled to your liking
- The goal is to caramelize the corn, not to char it
- Total cooking time should be about 10-12 minutes depending on desired doneness
- After all sides are roasted/grilled
- Remove from the Grill and place onto a platter to let cool a little bit
- Cut the corn off of the cob and mix it into the cream mixture
- Serve and enjoy!
For more helpful tips visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice