Learn how to clean your gas or charcoal grill inside and out. See how to remove heavy BBQ residue and get tips on which cleaners to use and how to save time by cleaning as you go.
How to Clean a Grill
*Be sure to work on a cool grill and all heading sources are detached/removed*
Scrape It Clean
- Dry brush the inside
- Use a grill brush to scrape off any debris or stuck on food
- Do this on the grates, bars, or heat deflectors
- Remove heat deflectors and soak in warm water
- Dump all of the loose debris that has fallen into the drip tray
Wash The Inside/Outside
- Use dish soap and water to wash the inside of the grill
- Every couple of weeks, wash the outside of your grill with the same soap and water method
Clean As You Go
Be sure to clean every time you use your grill. Run your grill on high heat 15 minutes before using it.
For more tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com