MonoFoil D is now MicroGold Multi-Action Disinfectant Antimicrobial Spray, tested and proven effective to kill the COVID-19 virus. For use in hospitals and homes, MicroGold is both a disinfectant to eliminate viruses and bacteria and a surface-bonding antimicrobial to suppress the growth of microorganisms. Antimicrobials can remain effective for several days, even weeks, against viruses, the EPA noted when recently announcing it is expediting testing and review on the long-lasting properties of antimicrobials.
What To Know About MicroGoldMost disinfectants stop working once it dries, meaning once you touch it after cleaning, it is re-infected. MicroGold, however, continues to disinfect even after it dries. MicroGold technology uses a powerful Si-Quart antimicrobial that anchors to the surface, forming microscopic spikes that puncture membranes of offending microbes – terminating them. Other MicroGold features include:
- Tested and proven effective to kill the covid-19 virus
- Everyday use
- Neutral pH
- No phosphates
- Alcohol and bleach free
- Shelf life: 2 years
- For use on hard non-porous surfaces located in: Kitchens Bathrooms External Surfaces of Toilets Sealed Granite Countertops Telephones Remote Controls Doorknobs Floors Garbage Cans Stainless Steel
- Spray disinfectant onto the countertop or surface you are trying to clean.
- Let it sit on the surface for about 10 minutes
- Most people wipe the disinfectant right after spraying it, but by letting it sit, you give it dwell time to actually kill the viruses.
- After letting the disinfecting sit, then wipe down the counters with a paper towel or cloth.
Published on 8/26/2021For more helpful tips and advice, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice online or visit your Neighborhood Ace.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts in regards to any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.