Roses are a wonderful addition to any garden but have a bad reputation for being difficult to grow. Roses are actually a very hardy plant and with a few tips, you can be a great rose gardener, too.
- To start them off right, use Miracle Gro Garden Soil for Roses, to improve existing soil and build strong roots.
- It contains plant food and bone meal to provide a great start to big, beautiful blooms.
- To prepare larger areas for planting, mix Miracle Gro soil for roses with original soil at about a 50/50 ratio.
- To plant an individual rose bush, dig a hole that is twice as wide as the container.
- Mix in the garden soil with the native soil that you removed from the hole at about a 50/50 ratio. Use this to back fill around your new plant.
- This will allow for roots to expand more easily for vigorous growth.
- About a month after planting, start a feeding plan to keep the plant growing.
- Follow the instructions on the fertilizer package for how often to use the product and how to use the product.
For more helpful tips, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice