See how to paint an exterior door. Find out how to prep the surface and which paint and primer to use on an outside door. Learn the right order to paint panels and details.
How to Paint a Door
Plus, get tips on how to paint the edges for professional looking results.
- Place a tarp underneath
- Tape all hardware and window
- Fill in any dents or chips
- Use a prime made for exterior parts of your home
- For a wood door never painted, be sure to seal the door
- For a door that has already been painted, use a two in one paint
- Trim the outer edges
- Paint the inside space
- Paint the hinge side the outside color and the lock side the inside color
For more tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com