Chalked spray paint from Rust-Oleum may just be your favorite new way to update decor in your home. Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint is a fast drying latex paint that allows you to transform interior furniture with little to no prep or priming. Low odor/VOC formula promotes easy application and dries to a smooth chalky finish. See how Annie, Ace's Paint Expert, uses this to revamp her home.
- Find the chandelier you would like to spray paint. I got mine from a garage sale, but if you have an old one you want to spruce up within your home, that will work as well.
- Lightly sand the chandelier with a sanding sponge.
- Hot glue any accents that may need to be attached
- Open a door or window, or do this project outside. Always wear a face mask to avoid inhaling chemicals.
- Put down newspaper under the chandelier to protect any surfaces.
- Begin spray painting the chandelier. Start with one coat, and if it needs more, add another layer or two within the hour
For more helpful tips and advice, visit a Neighborhood Ace or visit us online at Ace Hardware's Tips and Advice
Published on 6/2/2021.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts in regards to any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.