When you combine a delicious recipe with the quality and innovation of your grill, only good things can happen. Enjoy this Guacamole Burger recipe that will boost your resume on being a legend in the backyard BBQ scene.
Weber Guacamole Burger
Weber Grills | Ace Hardware | Chef Jason Morse
Yield: Serves 2 people
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 8-10 Minutes
2 each Avocado - ripe
1 each Jalapeno - fresh
1 each Lime, small - sliced in half
¼ each Red Onion - small dice
1 tbsp Fresh Garlic - minced
2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro - chopped
1 tsp Kosher Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper - fine grind
2 each Hamburgers, 80/20 blend - ground chuck
2 tbsp Rub A Dub, 5280 Culinary
2 each Hamburger Buns - sliced
2 slices Monterrey Jack Cheese - sliced
2 slices Tomato - sliced thick
2 Slices Red Onion - sliced thick
- Allow the grill to preheat for 10 – 15 minutes with the lid closed.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (500° to 550°F).
- Brush the grill grates clean.
- Grill the jalapeno over direct medium high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the skin is blackened on all sides, about 10 minutes. Turn as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or foil to seal. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the jalapeno from the bowl and peel off the black skin.
- Cut the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds, leave seeds in for hotter Guacamole. Cut into ¼” pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Leaving the avocado in the peel, use a butter knife and make 4 cuts horizontal and 4 cuts vertical.
- Over a mixing bowl, use a spoon and remove the avocado from the peel.
- Add the grilled jalapeno, red onion and cilantro. Squeeze each half of lime juice into the bowl.
- Use a fork to mash as you mix.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Scrape guacamole to the bottom of the bottom and top tightly with plastic wrap. It will discolor over time if not sealed.
- Season the hamburger with Weber’s Gourmet Burger Blend. 1 tablespoon per side.
- Grill the hamburger patties over direct medium-high heat (500° to 550°F) with the lid closed as much as possible. Set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Flip the burger and set the timer for 3 minutes more.
- Use the thermometer to check burger is cooked to desired doneness.
- Place buns cut side down over direct heat and top the burgers with cheese.
- Set the timer for 1 minute.
- Build each burger on a bun with lettuce and tomato. Top the cheeseburger with guacamole.
- Serve Warm
Grills / Grill Gear Used:
- Weber Genesis II E-325, Indigo
- Weber Tongs, Locking
- Weber Spatula, Stainless
- Weber High Temp BBQ Gloves
- Rub A Dub, 5280 Culinary