Spray painting items from nature is an extremely easy, inexpensive holiday décor idea. Spray paint naturally has a uniform look. High gloss adds shine and sparkle for a modern look.
Create Glitzy Holiday Accents with Spray Paint
Get Creative With These Ideas
- Small tree branches + silver and gold spray paint: Fill a vase or create a rustic garland. Add a string of holiday lights for extra sparkle.
- Tree stumps + bronze or gold metallic spray paint: Create extra seating or an accent cocktail table for a party.
- Pine cones + glossy white spray paint: Cluster them inside various sized glass hurricanes.
- Glass balls + spray paint in bright holiday shades: Use them as a vase or bowl filler.
- Lampshade + stenciled snowflakes: A fun, seasonal pattern and décor that’s easy to change for a new season.
Keep it chic.
Avoid a hodgepodge look with these tips.
- Group items in odd numbers. For example, 3 vases or 5 branches.
- Stick with 1-2 accent colors.
- Choose colors that harmonize with your palette.
- Choose 2-3 focal projects in areas your guests will see. For example, a dining room centerpiece, mantel décor or entry foyer table décor.
- Stick to a few elements in large scale. Lots of little projects feel cluttered.
For more helpful tips, go to Tips.AceHardware.com.