You may have noticed that your toilet doesn’t have the same flushing action that it use to. This may be due to calcium build up under the rim, which is limiting the swirling motion when you go to flush the toilet.
Give Your Toilet More Power
Believe it or not, you can fix it with a hand mirror and a wire coat hanger. Really!
- Take a wire coat hanger and pull it apart. Bend one end of it so you have about and inch at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold a hand mirror under the rim of the toilet and use the hanger to scrape open each hole. (this is why you never became a dentist)
- By opening these holes you will increase the volume of water that comes from the tank each time you flush the toilet.
- In the evening or when the toilet will not be used for several hours, pour about a cup of either CLR or Lime Away in the tank and partially flush the toilet. This will add a bit of water into the bowl. Allow it stand for several hours.
- This will help loosen the remaining calcium buildup inside the rim if the china bowl.
This is a pro trick I learned from a 40 year veteran plumber and it has worked well for me, I hope it works for you!
For more helpful tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com