Grab a couple pounds of the big crab Legs, some butter, a little garlic, a lemon and some rub-a-dub and let’s show them we mean business. Chef Jason, Ace's Grilling Expert, is here with the perfect and easy recipe for your seafood feast.
Yield: Serves 4 ppl Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes (or until crab Legs reach internal temp of 145˚ F)
Rest Time: 5 Minutes Cook Temp: 450˚ F
- 3 lbs - Crab Legs, Alaskan King
- 2 sticks - Salted Butter (Softened)
- 1 tbsp - Fresh Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 tsp - Rub-A-Dub, 5280 Culinary
- Garnish - Lemon Wedges
- Wash all tools prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills, or any cooking tools
- Clean out Big Green Egg as needed and refresh Charcoal
- Ignite the charcoal and heat your Big Green Egg to 400˚ F and (if desired) load with your preferred smoking wood chunks (Layer in the wood chunks to create an even sustained smoke flavor)
- For this recipe we will be cooking direct
- While Big Green Egg is heating up:
- Place half of the crab legs onto a sheet of foil, drizzle with 2 tbsp of water and loosely wrap. Poke holes in the foil to allow smoke to get into the foil pouch
- Repeat the above process with the second half of the crab legs
- Place the foil pouches of crab onto the Big Green Egg, over direct heat
- Grill at 400˚ F for 10-15 minutes or until crab legs reach an internal temp of 145˚ F
- Place the butter, garlic and Rub-A-Dub into a basting pot and melt for 5-7 minutes or until just melted. Be Careful not to separate the butter and milk solids
- Using heat proof gloves carefully remove the butter and place onto a heat safe surface in your kitchen
- Using heat proof gloves carefully remove the crab pouches and place onto a heat safe surface in your kitchen
- Rest the Crab for 2-3 minutes
- Arrange crab on a platter
- Serve with small bowls of the drawn (melted butter) and crab crackers (if needed)
For more helpful tips and recipes, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice
Published on 11/30/2022.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts regarding any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.