Pliers are a necessity when it comes to house hold tools. With so many on the market, how do you know which ones are right for your project? Let Lou show you how to work and choose the best pliers for your home needs.
How to Use Pliers
- This set slides at the joint for the user to be able to adjust the width of the jaws to fit the fastener. These pliers are universally handy in any situation.
- Also known as Channel Lock Pliers, these have off set jaws to give you a different angle with extra leverage. Pliers like these, come in handy for plumbing projects and large tight nuts.
- Also known as Vise Grips, these pliers have adjustable jaws that allows them to clamp down and maintain its grip without any man power. Great for rusted or frozen bolts and is handy when needing to keep one piece steady, while cranking another.
- The tapered shape of needle nose pliers make these great for tight spots and making small bends in wire.
- These pliers have a cutting joint at the base of these pliers. Great for gripping, twisting, and cutting.
For the tips, advice, and tools you need, visit your local Ace or find us at AceHardware.com.