It happens to all of us, we hand patty a nice big burger and the next thing you know… it puffs up into a huge burger ball on the grill. We are here to help with some quick and easy tips to help keep that burger nice and flat.
Watch as Chef Jason, Ace's Grilling Expert, shows the features and benefits of the Weber Griddle as he completes a first cook on it. See a recipe that will get you familiar with how this griddle works.
Yield: Serves 4 People Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 6-8 Minutes
- 2 lb - Ground Beef Chuck
- 4 ea - Burger Buns
- 2-3 tbsp - Cow Cover, Kosmo Q
- 4 slices - American Cheese
- 8 slices - Applewood Bacon
- 4ea - Egggs
- Garnish - Lettuce, Onion, Tomato, Pickles, etc
- Wash All Vegetables prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills and any cooking tools
- Clean Weber Griddle surface and ignite griddle, adjust temp to Medium High Heat
- Remove lid before lighting and keep lid off/open during cooking
- While griddle is heating up – prep Burger Patties as follows
- Divide 2lb ground beef into 8 equal sized portions
- Knead the beef (portion) together to help combine the beef back together after being ground
- Once the griddle has reached medium high heat
- Place the burger balls onto the griddle surface and let sit for 2 minutes
- Using the weber griddle press, carefully smash down the burger balls into patties and hold for 5 seconds to set the burger
- Once burgers are pressed, add the bacon to cook or warm up
- Season burgers on the top side and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip. Flip Bacon at this time
- After burgers are flipped, lightly season the second side and add a slice of cheese to each burger
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side
- Remove the bacon and add the eggs to the griddle, cook to desired doneness
- Toast buns on griddle and place onto a plate
- Build the burgers and top with cooked egg and bacon
- Garnish with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions and Pickles
For more helpful tips and recipes, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice
Published on 3/23/2023
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts regarding any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.