This recipe is going to change everything you know about ham. It is fully adjustable and ready for you to customize it! Make the ham of your dreams, with my recipe. Let’s get cooking and Ace this recipe!
Yield: 1 Ham – Approx finished weight 6 pounds Prep time: 20 Minutes Prep, 2 Days of Brine time Cook time: 2 Hours smoke time, 4-6 hours of cook time
- 7 lbs - Pork Shoulder, Boneless
- 1 Pkg - Chef Brine, 5280 Culinary
- 1 Cup - Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Cup - Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups - Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp - Rub a Dub, 5280 Culinary
- 1 Cup - Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp - Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- Using Chef Brine, brine Pork in a bucket for 2 days (48 hours) in your fridge (One package is the correct size to use)
- Brine directions (according to Chef Brine instructions): Bring two quarts of water to a boil and stir in seasoning blend. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring to dissolve seasonings and to activate spices – about 5 minutes. Cool and combine with 2 gallons of ice water in a large plastic bucket.
- Pat the pork dry, then add to the cooled brine.
- Cover and refrigerate
- After 48 hours, remove pork from brine, do not rinse.
- On the skin side make diagonal cuts into the skin (not the meat) across the entire top side
- Pre Heat your Traeger Grill to 180 degrees and load with your preferred pellets
- Place the ham on the grill grate and smoke for 2 hours (or more if stronger smoke is desired)
- Once ham has smoked for 2 hours, transfer ham to a heavy-duty pan
- Turn Traeger temperature to 325 degrees
- Place 1 cup of water into the pan and cover ham and pan with foil
- Cook ham, covered, until internal temp reaches 135/140 degrees
- Uncover ham and turn Traeger temperature to 425
- Cook ham until internal temp reaches 150 degrees and skin starts to brown
- Baste ham with glaze every 5 minutes for about 35-45 minute or until desired glaze is reached
- Remove ham from the Traeger at 150, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes. Ham should carry over to 155 degrees
- Uncover, slice, serve and enjoy