Before you start unpacking from your move, give your new home a thorough cleaning. Try this approach to break it down into manageable steps.
Cleaning Your New Home
- Wipe the tops of cabinets.
- Use a mild cleaner to wipe down the faces and inside of all the cabinets.
- Clean and disinfect the sink and faucets. Deodorize the drains by shaking baking soda into the trap and pouring vinegar down after.
- Oven or grease cutting cleaner can clean tough spots on the inside of the appliance.
- Clean the insides of appliances like the fridge and microwave. Run the dishwasher through a cycle using a dishwasher cleaner.
- Clean the shower, starting high on the walls and working your way down.
- Clean the sink, faucets, toilet and tub with a disinfecting cleaner.
- Shine up the mirror and windows with glass cleaner.
- Sweep or vacuum the floors to remove loose debris and moving dust.
- Clean and polish wood floors with a hardwood floor cleaner to rejuvenate the surface.
- Clean tile floors with a disinfecting cleaner.
Walls and Trim
- Clear dust, fingerprints and smudges away with a damp cloth and mild cleaner.
For more tips and advice, go to Tips.acehardware.com.