I love being able to use my grills for ALL my cooking, from savory to sides to appetizers to desserts, it’s always a blast to make our entire meal on the grills. This bread pudding recipe is so perfect on your Weber grill and an epic finish to your ThanksGrilling Feast.
Bread Pudding On A Gas Grill Recipe
Yield: 1 Dish
Prep time: 10 Minute Prep
Cook time: 1 Hour or until desired doneness
10 Slices Bread, Texas Toast or Brioche
1 ½ Cup Cream, Heavy Whipping
1 Cup Sugar, Brown, Dark
2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
6ea Eggs, XL or Jumbo
¼ tsp Salt, Kosher
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Paste (if available)
2 Cups Carrots, Shredded
1 Cup Raisins, Red
½ Cup Raisins, Golden
¾ Cup Pecans, Pieces
BREAD PUDDING Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray and flour a 9x13 Cast Iron Pan, then add the cubed bread.
- Top the bread with the carrots, raisins and pecans and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, sugar, salt, cream, vanilla paste and pie spice. Mix well to ensure the eggs
- and cream are incorporated.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture over the bread mixture, and press into the pan until all bread is soaked with the egg/cream mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour or until a wood skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- REMOVE THE FOIL DURING THE LAST 5-7 MINUTES OF BAKING TO BROWN THE TOP OF THE BREAD PUDDING. Should it start to darken too fast, cover with foil to avoid burning.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before cutting
- Cut the bread pudding and serve warm with cinnamon frosting (below).
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ _cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- ½ _teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ _teaspoon ground cinnamon