I love being able to use my grills for ALL my cooking, from savory to sides to appetizers to desserts, it’s always a blast to make our entire meal on the grills. This bread pudding recipe is so perfect on your Weber grill and an epic finish to your ThanksGrilling Feast.
Yield: 1 Dish Prep time: 10 Minute Prep Cook time: 1 Hour or until desired doneness
- 10 Slices Bread
- 1 ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 6ea Eggs
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Paste
- 2 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Red Raisins
- ½ Cup Golden Raisins
- ¾ Cup Pecans
- 8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 ea Lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Paste (or extract)
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray and flour a 9x13 Cast Iron Pan, then add the cubed bread.
- Top the bread with the carrots, raisins and pecans and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, sugar, salt, cream, vanilla paste and pie spice.
- Mix well to ensure the eggs and cream are incorporated.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture over the bread mixture, and press into the pan until all bread is soaked with the egg/cream mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour or until a wood skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the foil during the last 5-7 minutes of baking to brown the top of the bread pudding. Should it start to darken too fast, cover with foil to avoid burning.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before cutting
- Cut the bread pudding and serve warm with cinnamon frosting
- Put all frosting ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Mix well until until all form a creamy frosting
- Keep in fridge until needed
- Spread on top of bread putting for an added layer of flavor and sweetness