This recipe is one of my all time favorite BBQ Eats, That’s right… BBQ Chicken Thighs. Add the mayonnaise binder and you’re in for a flavorful adventure. Don’t like Mayo? No worries, use oil instead. Ace's Grilling Expert, Chef Jason, has created an easy and delicious way to smoke boneless chicken thighs on your pellet grill. Enjoy this crowd pleasing recipe!
Yield: 5-6 chicken thighs Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes Cook Temp: 425˚ F
- 2 lb- Chicken Thighs, Boneless and Skinless
- ¼ cup- Mayonnaise, Regular OR
- 3 tbsp- Canola/Olive Oil Blend
- 6-8 tbsp- Oink Rub, 5280 Culinary
- 2 tbsp- Fire Honey, 5280 Culinary
- Wash all tools prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to and after use
- Wash hands before and after handling any raw meat
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills, starters and any cooking tools
- Clean out Traeger grill as needed and change drip tray liner
- Fill pellet hopper with Reserve Blend Pellets
- Set Traeger to 425˚ F, hit enter and hit ignite
- While Traeger is heating up – prep chicken thighs as follows
- Place chicken thighs (rough side up) in Mixing Bowl
- Add ¼ cup of mayonnaise to the bowl and mix to coat evenly
- If you don’t like mayonnaise substitute 3 tbsp canola/olive blend oil
- Season to taste with Oink rub
- Mix well to combine and adjust seasoning as needed
- Allow to sit on the counter while grill reaches cooking temperature
- Add chicken – Smooth side down first
- Grill on the first side for 6 minutes and then flip the chicken thighs to the second side
- Cook on the second side for 6-9 minutes or until temp reaches 165˚ F
- Using tongs, remove chicken from the grill and bring into the kitchen. Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes
- Drizzle with fire honey
Note:Shelf life is 2 days for fully cooked chicken– use leftovers for tacos, burritos or a quick heat and go chicken sandwich. Discard chicken after 2 days if un-used
For more helpful tips and advice, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice or go to a Neighborhood Ace
Published on 5/3/2022.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts regarding any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.