For this recipe we are giving these wings a taste of the islands and a kick of the volcano on a Weber Genesis. We combine our Tiki Tiki Rub with some bacon grease, marinate the wings, grill them, and toss with butter and fire honey.
Chef Jason's Hawaiian Hot Wings RecipeYield: Serves 10-12 Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 2lbs- Jumbo Chicken Wings (Drums and flaps)
- 4 tbsp- Bacon Up's Bacon Grease
- 4-6 tbsp- 5280 Culinary's Tiki Tiki Rub (season to taste)
- ½ cup- 5280 Culinary's Fire Honey
- ½ stick- Salted butter, cut into cubes
- Season wings with melted Bacon-Up and Tiki Tiki Rub – allow to sit for 5-10 minutes
- Load Weber Crafted Sear Grate (meat side facing up) into your grill and heat to 450˚ F
- Arrange the wings on the grill grate – close the lid
- Cook the wings on the first side for 5 minutes
- Turn the wings and cook on the second side for 5 minutes
- Turn the grill to HIGH heat (500˚ F)
- Cook the wings on both sides again to produce a crispy skin
- Cook the wings to 165 degrees internal temperature
- Use thermometer to check doneness
- Remove from the grill, Place into a medium sized mixing bowl and drizzle with fire honey and add the butter
- Toss well to combine and until butter has melted and glazed the wings
- ** Add fresh chopped parsley for a nice granish
- Remove from the sauce and place on a platter
- Sprinkle some Tiki Tiki on the wings to finish them off
- Serve with plenty of napkins
Published on 1/6/2023
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
For more helpful tips and advice, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice or your local Neighborhood Ace.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts regarding any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.