Looking for a GREAT breakfast item that will have everyone in the family asking for seconds? We have the recipe for you. These breakfast muffins are perfect for breakfast, freeze well, travel well and love to go for hikes.
How To Make Breakfast Muffins On A Traeger
Try warming one up for the morning commute too. Meet your new BFF (breakfast favorite food).
Yield: Makes 12 Breakfast Muffins people
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 25-30 Minutes
- 8 Slices Bread, sour dough or brioche1” Cubes
- 1 lb Sausage, Mild Italian Cooked, Sliced, Cooled
- 1 ea Pepper, Red Bell Julienned Thin
- 1 ea Pepper, Green Bell Julienned Thin
- 1 tsp Garlic, Fresh Minced
- 10 ea Eggs, XL, Fresh
- 2/3 Cup Milk, Whole
- 2 tsp Rub-A-Dub, 5280 Culinaryor to taste
- 1 Tbsp Fishy Fishy, 5280 Culinaryor to taste
- 1 Cup Cheese, Mozzarella Shredded
- 1 Cup Cheese, Cheddar, Sharp Shredded
- Load your Traeger Ironwood with Reserve Blend Pellets, Set to 375˚and Ignite
- Prep the ingredients above as instructed
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high and add the uncooked sausage links. Cook on both sides until fully cooked. Cooking time will be approx. 13-17 minutes
- Remove the sausage from the pan, leave any rendered fat in the pan. Add the onions and peppers
- Sauté the onions and peppers until just caramelized, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Cube the bread, place into a large mixing bowl and set aside – can use any bread desired
- Add to the mixing bowl of bread: Eggs, Milk, peppers, onions, sausage, milk, spices and cheese, mix well
- Allow this mixture to absorb into the bread. Mix again to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
- Using a regular sized muffin pan with non-stick spray, add large or tulip muffin papers and lightly spray the papers
- Divide the mixture into the 12 muffin cups and slightly pack into the cup
- Place into the Traeger and cook at 375˚ for about 25-30minutes (or until fully cooked to 155 degrees), check doneness and cook further if needed.
- Muffins should be firm and not have any runny eggs. Cooked to 155 degrees internal temp
- Using tongs or grill mitt to remove muffin pan from the Traeger, let cool for 5 minutes, remove a muffin and enjoy hot.
- Double this recipe and freeze (will hold frozen for 2 weeks), Reheat in microwave – 30 seconds at a time until hot.
- GREAT GRAB AND GO ITEM FOR SUMMER BREAKFAST FOR THE KIDDOS AND BUSY FAMILIES
Grills / Grill Gear Used
• Traeger, Reserve Blend Pellets Ace SKU - 8015887
• Rub-A-Dub, 5280 Culinary Ace SKU – 8562050
• Fishy Fishy, 5280 Culinary Ace SKU – 8561938
For more recipes, go to tips.acehardware.com