It was bound to happen, I got kicked off the adults table and plan to enjoy this Thanksgrilling at the kid’s table. They challenged me to create some fun new items and I think my Traeger and I did a solid job. Mix up your traditional bird with this pizza turkey.
Yield: 1 Whole Turkey Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 5-6 Hours Cook Temp: 350˚ F
- 1 pkg - Italian Brine, 5280 Culinary
- 1 ea - Whole Turkey, Solution/Injection Free (16-18 lb)
- As Needed - Cluck Rub, 5280 Culinary
- Wash all tools prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills, or any cooking tools
- Follow package instructions and prepare the Italian brine
- Clean and Prep Turkey
- Brine Turkey for 45 Minutes per pound in an Ace Bucket with brine Bag
- Remove turkey from the brine, do not rinse.
- Discard the brine
- Place Turkey on a cooking sheet while grill heats up, season to taste with Cluck Rub
- Clean out Traeger as needed and change drip tray liner
- Fill pellet hopper with Ace Reserve Blend Pellets
- Set Traeger to 350˚ F, hit enter and hit ignite
- Once Traeger has reached temp, load the turkey in and add thermometer probe into the thickest part of the breast
- Close the lid
- Set probe alert to 165˚ F
- When turkey has reached final temp of 165˚ F, carefully remove from the Traeger and place onto a serving platter or cutting board.
- Allow turkey to rest, uncovered for 10-15 minutes, slice and serve
For more helpful tips and advice, visit a Neighborhood Ace or Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice online
Published on 9/1/2021.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts in regards to any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.