Who doesn't love a thick cut ribeye? These steaks are simply seasoned with salt and pepper, smoked until medium rare, and seared over hickory for the perfect sweet, caramelized marks.
Reverse Seared Ribeye Steaks On The Traeger
PREP TIME 5 MINS
COOK TIME 40 MINS
INGREDIENTS2 (1 INCH THICK) RIB-EYE STEAKS KOSHER SALT, TO TASTE
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER, TO TASTE
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger according to grill instructions. Set the temperature to 225 degrees F (set to Super Smoke if using a WiFIRe-enabled grill) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Place steaks on grill and cook for 30 to 45 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reads 125 degrees F for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks from grill and turn temperature up to 450 degrees F (set to 500 degrees F if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill). Allow steaks to rest while grill preheats.
- Place steaks back on grill and sear on both sides for 3 minutes. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- Access this, and over a thousand other Traeger recipes on the Traeger App.
For more recipes, got to Tips.acehardware.com.