From Father’s Day to birthdays and holidays – some guys can be tough to buy for. If you’re looking for original ideas, head to your neighborhood Ace Hardware store instead for the handiest most useful gifts on the market.
8 Great Gift Ideas for Guys
- Upgrade His Power Tools
- Even if you know the guy with the ultimate set of tools, new innovations are constantly improving on the old stand-bys like a drill, impact wrench, power saw or sander he may already have. Look for new tools with features that make it lighter, easier to use and more versatile. Upgrade him to a heavier-duty model, a more compact model for light-duty work or start his collection of air tools with a compressor. Get him a cordless model if he doesn’t have one already. Or, upgrade him to a convenient lithium-ion battery-operated model.
- Add to His Hand Tool Collection
- See if you can upgrade hand tools like a hammer to a new model with a handle that absorbs more vibration. A hand saw with better grip, or universal use can replace a worn-out model. A set of ratchets and sockets with pass-through features or more options is a big upgrade over an old hand-me-down set.
- Store His Tools Safely
- When you’ve exhausted all the options in the tool aisle, storage helps him get the job done faster and keep his investment protected. A new wall organizer lets him keep tools handy. Drawer inserts help keep specialized tools, like combination wrenches or sockets, labeled and easy to locate. And, if he doesn’t have a rolling tool chest, get him started and you can keep adding on and have gift-giving covered for the next few special occasions.
- Upgrade His Grill
- Even if he has a charcoal grill, you can find an easier-starting model, a portable version or one that features more accessories. What about a gas grill with added features like a rotisserie, more cooking zones, or more grilling space? For the avid griller, try a smoker to change his grill game.
- Ignite His Inner Chef
- If he has a favorite food, pick up accessories to make it on the barbecue. Some ideas are a vegetable basket, fish or hot wing rack, or pizza tray. Add to his collection of gadgetry with a digital meat thermometer, flashier grilling tools or chimney starter. Or, flavorizing wood chips, planks or an assortment of rubs and sauces can inspire him to be more adventurous.
- Spark a New Cooking Technique
- A ceramic grill, fryer or smoker can add a whole new set of options to for outdoor cooking aficionados.
- Support his Hobby
- If he loves fishing, pick up a good multi-tool to throw in the tackle box. A rotary tool has enough attachments to make it an essential for any hobby from woodworking to model-building – even cleaning golf clubs.
- Give a Gift Card
- It’s always a great option to let him browse the aisles and pick out exactly what he wants.
For more helpful tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com.