Are you ready to WOK and roll? It’s time to show you the best Chinese take-out restaurant in town, your house. This recipe uses some convenience food items, but doesn’t skimp on flavor. It’s time to grab your EGGpsander, fire up the grill and WOK this Recipe.
Yield: Serves 4-6 People Prep time: 12 Minutes Cook time: 10-12 Minutes
- 4 Tbsp- Avocado oil
- 1 Ea- Red Bell Pepper (Julienned)
- 1 Ea- Sweet yellow onion (Julienned)
- 1 Cup- Sugar snap peas
- 1 Cup- Carrot coins
- 2-3 Cups- Rotisserie Chicken (Pre-cooked)
- 3 Cups- Rice (cooked)
- ¼ Cup- Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- ¼ Cup- Sweet Soy Sauce
- Taste- Tiki Tiki Rub, 5280 Culinary
- ¼ Cup- High Altitude BBQ Sauce, 5280 Culinary
- ½ Cup- Green Onion (chopped)
- Load the Big Green Egg and ignite the charcoal
- Prepare the Big Green Egg for direct cooking over high heat (450°F)
- Adjust Egg temp to 450˚
- Add the EGGspander base with Ring
- Add the wok to the EGGspander ring
- Adjust top vent and bottom vent to hold temperature around 450˚
- Carefully add the oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds
- Using the bamboo stir fry spatul carefully add the Peppers, Onions and Carrots to the wok
- Stir fry, with the lid open, for 5 minutes
- Carefully add the chicken next and stir fry for 5 minutes
- Chef’s Tip – Move the ingredients around the bowl and up the side to create a shallow layer, this will help it heat up faster and keep a nice sear
- Make a well in the center of the wok
- Carefully add the Snap peas
- Cook until they're bright green
- Cover the snap peas with the rice
- Stir fry this for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and bbq sauce
- Quickly stir to combine and heat sauces
- Using tongs, remove the ribs and drain onto paper towel
- Using Big Green Egg Heat resistant gloves, carefully remove the wok from the EGGspander ring
- Garnish with the sliced green onions and serve
- Be sure to allow the wok to cool and ensure the handles are cool to the touch before serving. Use BGE Heat resistant gloves if needed
Other Ways to CookNo Big Green Egg, no problem! There are so many possibilities. Try using a Wok on your
- SAFETY TIP – Keep a small extinguisher around in case you have any issues. Remember, if you have a grease fire, don’t panic, close the dome and top and bottom vents if possible, to snuff the flames. If that doesn’t work, deploy the fire extinguisher
- Use a 90 second rice pack to heat up rice quickly and easily.
- Pull the meat off the rotisserie chicken and shred it while doing the rest of the meal prep.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature within your grill, as well as the internal temperature of your food.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, green onions, or even a little more Tiki Tiki Rub when serving the stir fry.
For more helpful tips and recipes, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts in regards to any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.