In this recipe we have a trick up our sleeve to get those extra crispy chicken wings on your Traeger Grill.
Watch as Chef Jason, Ace's Grilling Expert, show you how to make crispy wings on your pellet grill.
Yield: 2# Chicken Wings (drums and flaps) Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 35-45 Minutes – depending on desired doneness
- 2 lbs- Chicken Wings (drums and flaps)
- 2 ½ tsp- Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp- Rub a Dub, 5280 Culinary
- 2 tbsp- Honey Hog, Hot, Meat Church
- Remove wings from package and pat dry on ALL sides, then let sit 2-3 minutes prior to seasoning
- Wash all tools prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills, or any cooking tools
- Clean out Traeger as needed and change drip tray liner (if applicable)
- Fill pellet hopper with Reserve Blend Pellets
- Set Traeger to 375˚ F, hit enter and hit ignite
- In a mixing bowl add the seasoning and baking powder and mix well
- Place the wings in a mixing bowl and add the rub
- Mix well to coat
- Place the chicken wings onto the grill grate and cook for 25-30 minutes
- Open Traeger, check wings temperature (looking for 165˚ F – 170˚ F)
- Flip wings to second side and cook until wings hit desired doneness
- Remove wings from grill and place onto a cooking sheet, in a single layer
- Bring into kitchen and arrange on your favorite platter
- Serve with appropriate wing garnishes like hot sauce, BBQ sauce, spicy honey, ranch and veggies
- Enjoy them dry and crispy or dunk and devour
- Baking powder is the secret ingredient to crispy wings. Its reactive properties and corn starch make the skin on the chicken wings super crispy.
- When letting the wings air dry, if the parchment paper you placed it on is collecting moisture, switch it out to ensure the wings stay dry.
- The drier the wings, the more crispy they will be.
For more helpful tips and recipes, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice online or a Neighborhood Ace.
Published on 1/31/2023
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts regarding any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.