Have you ever grilled your pound cake before? No? Well, let Chef Jason show you what you're missing. This fun and easy recipe not only tastes great, but it's an easy way to impress any guest.
Yield: Serves 4 people Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 7-9 Minutes
- 8 slices- Pound Cake (1" thick)
- 3 Tbsp- Melted Butter
- 2 pints- Strawberries (stemmed and sliced in half)
- ½ cup- Granulated sugar
- ¼- Dark Rum (or light rum)
- 2 tsp- Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup- Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup- Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp- Vanilla extract
- Make sure the grill is clean prior to use
- Stem and half the strawberries
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar, rum and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside for 5 minutes
- Start grill and adjust temperature to 400 degrees
- Set the grill for direct, medium heat grilling, and set the iron skillet in the center
- Brush one side of each slice of pound cake with the soft butter, set aside.
- Combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whisk until peaks form
- set aside
- Pour the marinated strawberries into the skillet to roast for 5 minutes and close the lid
- Place the pound cake onto the grill grate
- Grill for about 1 minute, or until grill marks appear
- Remove pound cake from the grill and top with strawberries and whipped cream