It’s early in the morning and you are craving something, but you just can’t quite put your finger on it. Well, we know what it is. It’s Chef J’s Smoked Chicken Legs. The perfect dinner for any occasion.
Brined and Smoked Chicken Legs
- Yield: 6 people
- Prep time: 10 Minutes plus brine time
- Cook time: 35-45 minutes cooking time
Measure Ingredient Prep Notes
- 2.5 lbs Chicken Legs, Fresh
- ½ Pkg Bayou Brine, 5280 Culinary Follow package directions
- ¼ Cup Rub A Dub, 5280 Culinary Season to taste
- ¾ Cup Low Country BBQ Sauce, 5280 Culinary
- ¾ Cup High Altitude BBQ Sauce, 5280 Culinary
- ¾ Cup Blue Cheese, Crumbles
** Adjust seasoning to taste preference, use Oink, Bayou Dust, Rub A Dub, Garden, Thai Mojito or Prime Rib Rub A Dub. They all offer a great flavor and a different flavor **
- See above for ALL prep instructions
- Mix the BBQ Sauces together and add the Blue Cheese.
- Mix well, keep refrigerated and serve on the plate with the chicken leg.
- A Great dipping sauce
Roll out your Traeger and get to smoking! Follow this simple recipe to get delicious, smoked chicken legs.
- Using Bayou Brine, brine chicken in a bucket for 6-8 hours in your fridge (One package Bayou Brine will handle 16 pounds of chicken)
- Brine directions (according to Bayou Brine instructions): Bring two quarts of water to a boil and stir in seasoning blend. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring to dissolve seasonings and to activate spices – about 5 minutes. Cool and combine with 2 gallons of ice water in a large plastic bucket
- After 6-8 hours, remove chicken from brine, do not rinse.
- Place the chicken legs into the Kingsford Grill Pan, Rub legs with Rub a Dub seasonings and let sit for 10 minutes
- Turn Traeger grill to 180 degrees, load your RESERVE BLEND PELLETS and let pre-heat
- Place chicken in the Traeger Wing and Leg Rack and smoke at 180 for 45 minutes.
- Turn up heat to 400 degrees and roast them, to finish — about 45 minutes.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from smoker and let rest
- Serve wings with the BBQ Blue Cheese Sauce
- Serve with a napkin, or 4
- Traeger, Pro34
- Thermometer, Digital, Instant Read
- Chicken Leg Rack, Traeger
- Pellets, Reserve Blend
- Kingsford extra tough Grill Pan
- Rub A Dub, 5280 Culinary
- High Altitude BBQ Sauce, 5280 Culinary
- Low Country BBQ Sauce, 5280 Culinary
For more helpful Tips & Advice go to AceHardware.com.