The perfect breakfast muffin recipe for you and yours. Let Chef J teach you how to make muffins with the family.
Chef J’s Breakfast Muffins
Serves 12 ppl (double this for GREAT leftovers and easy reheat item for the kiddos)
- Bread, Choiceor Buns8Slices/BunsDay old bread works great
- Sausage, Mild Italian1Pounds(link/rope)Cooked, sliced and cooled
- Pepper, Red Bell1EaJulienne Thin
- Pepper, Green Bell1EaJulienne Thin
- Onion, Yellow, Medium1EaJulienne Thin
- Garlic, Minced1Clove
- Eggs, XL or Jumbo10EaCracked and Mixed
- Milk, Whole6fl oz
- All Purpose Rub2tspor to taste
- Herb Seasoning1Tbspor to taste
- Cheese, Mozzarella, Shred1cup
- Cheese, Cheddar Sharp, Shred1cup
PREP METHOD:PREP TIME: 20minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 -25 Minutes
- Preheat your grill or oven to 375 degrees
- Prep the ingredients above as instructed
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high and add the uncookedsausage links. Cook on both sides until fully cooked. Cooking time will be approx. 13-17 minutes
- Remove the sausage from the pan, leave any rendered fat in the pan. Add the onions and peppers
- Sauté the onions and peppers until just caramelized, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Cube the bread, place into a large mixing bowl and set aside – can use any bread desired
- Add to the mixing bowl of bread: Eggs,Milk, peppers, onions, sausage, milk, spices and cheese, mix well
- Allow this mixture to absorb into the bread. Mix again to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
- Using a regular sized muffin pan with non-stick spray, add large or tulip muffin papers and lightly spray the papers
- Divide the mixture into the 12 muffin cups and slightly pack into the cup
- For oven bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until fully cooked to 155 degrees), check doneness and cook further if needed.
- For grill bake INDIRECT for about 20-25 minutes (or until fully cooked to 155 degrees), check doneness and cook further if needed.
- Muffins should be firm and not have any runny eggs. Cooked to 155 degrees internal temp
- Using tongs or towel remove muffin pan from the grill or oven, let cool for 5 minutes, remove a muffin and enjoy hot.
- Double this recipe and freeze (will hold frozen for 2 weeks), Reheat in microwave – 30 seconds at a time until hot. GREAT GRAB AND *GO ITEM FOR SUMMER BREAKFAST FOR THE KIDDOS AND BUSY FAMILIES*
For more recipes, go to tips.acehardware.om