Use this helpful timeline as a reminder of the regular maintenance and repair you’ll want to complete when you move into a new home.
Maintaining Your New Home
Every 3 Months
Every 6 Months
Once a Year
- Drain the water heater.
- Have your furnace or boiler professionally serviced.
- Inspect the exterior of your home to check for loose shingles, broken siding, loose caulking and chipped paint.
- Clean coils of your refrigerator and around your A/C unit in the spring to improve efficiency.
- Pressure wash walkways, driveways, porches and decking in the spring to start the warm weather season nice and clean.
Throughout the Year
- Follow a 4-step lawn program to weed and feed your lawn all year long.
For more tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com.