When you’re looking for a new home, it is easy to get overwhelmed with all the information available. Here at Ace, we understand the pressures of house hunting. Check out these tips on how to make a smarter house buying decision.
House Hunting Expert Tips
Set a Budget
- When setting your limit for the purchase price of a new home, be sure to consider the monthly payment, interest, property tax insurance and utility costs you’ll have to budget for. You’ll also want to plan to have some cash in reserve to cover moving expenses and any new supplies, furniture or repairs you’ll need for your new space. By identifying how much you can spend in advance, planning your move will be more organized, affordable and hassle-free.
- When researching and touring new houses, it’s helpful to hire a real estate agent that will represent you as a buyer. They can help identify properties for you to consider within your budget, preferred location, and specs.
Choose a Location
- You can learn more about your new neighborhood by researching the city’s homepage, schools in the vicinity and local news from the area. Talk to your real estate agent for information on the community as well. And, visit the area if you can to get an idea of nearby community resources, shopping centers and transportation hubs so you know how convenient the location is.
- It’s also a good idea to get pre-qualified for a mortgage before shopping for a home, so you can look at homes in your price range. In order to get prequalified you will need to find a lender and provide basic information regarding your debt, income and assets.
Schedule an Inspection
- Once you find a home you’re interested in, coordinate a home inspection. An inspector will evaluate the property’s condition to identify items that should be repaired or replaced and estimate the life of the home’s major systems such as electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning.
For more tips, go to Tips.acehardware.com.