Organization Tips By Room:
Use these simple storage and organization tips to speed up your unpacking, settle in sooner and feel at home in no time.
- Set up 3-4 heavy-duty shelving units.
- As you unpack items, sort them into large heavy-duty plastic bins and label them. You’ll save yourself the time of having to go back and reorganize later.
- Now, is also a good time to set up a storage unit that lifts items up to the ceiling. It’s a great way to keep seasonal items that you only use once a year out of the way but allows easy access when you need them.
- A ceiling lift or heavy-duty hooks you can install into the ceiling joists are also a good way to store bicycles or large sporting equipment up and out of the way.
- Add shelving and space to hang clothes so you have a place for detergent, fabric softener, cleaners, garbage bags, paper products and more.
- Hang hooks or organizer strips to keep long-handled cleaning supplies like brooms and mops organized.
- Install closet organizers. You’ll create more space to unpack your belongings and it will speed up unpacking and settling in if you can organize as you go.
- Look for shelves and drawer organizers that will help you gain more space in your vanity, above the toilet or in the linen closet.
For more helpful advice, visit Ace Hardware’s Tips & Advice