I have been waiting to fire up the Wok on the Weber for months and I think I found the perfect recipe. We take those mildly spicy and oh so flavorful shishito peppers, give them a light coat of oil and then char them in a nice, hot wok.
Yield: Serve 2-4 People Prep time: <5 Minutes Cook time: 5-7 Minutes
- 1 8oz Bag - Shishito Peppers (washed and dried)
- 1 tbsp - Canola/Olive Oil Blend
- 1 tbsp - Tiki Tiki, 5280 Culinary
- ½ cup - Sweet Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup - Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp - Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp - Fire Honey, 5280 Culinary
- 1 tsp - Ground Ginger
- Wash All Vegetables prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills, blenders and any cooking tools
- Clean Weber Grill Grates and ignite Weber, adjust temp to 550˚ - 600˚, add Weber Wok while grill is heating up
- While grill is heating up – prep peppers and suace
- Wash in cold water and dry
- Lightly Coat with Canola / Olive Oil
- Add soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, fire honey and ginger to small stainless steel mixing bowl
- Mix well and hold in fridge until needed
- Open the grill and carefully add the shishito peppers to the hot wok, watch for any signs of flare ups
- Using a long pair of tongs, carefully stir the peppers to ensure all side of the skin blister and get charred
- Continue to cook in the wok for 5-7 minutes or until all sides of the peppers are charred to your desired doneness
- Once Charred to your desired doneness, turn off the grill and remove the peppers using a spoon
- Place peppers into a parchment lined bowl
- Season to taste with the Tiki Tiki rub
- Serve with dipping sauce and devour
For more helpful tip and recipes, visit Ace Hardware's Tips & Advice
Published on 5/7/2021.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts in regards to any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.