You hated them as a kid, but now, somehow you can’t get enough of them. They are on every menu you see. How do you make them at home? Boom! Here you go, this recipe creates some great flavors on your Traeger. Watch as Ace's Grilling Expert, Chef Jason, shows you how to perfect these on your pellet grill.
Print Recipe Here: Charred Brussels Sprouts Skewers
Yield: Serves 8-10 Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes, depending on desired doneness
- 1.5 lbs- Brussels Sprouts, Fresh, Whole (24oz)
- ½ Cup- Olive Oil Blend
- ½ Tbsp- Rub A Dub Seasoning, 5280 Culinary
- 2 Tbsp- White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp- Dark Brown Sugar
PrepBrussel Sprouts Marinade: Mix Oil, Rub A Dub, Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar together in a small bowl
- Wash all tools prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills, or any cooking tools
- Clean out Traeger as needed and change drip tray liner
- Fill pellet hopper with Ace Reserve Blend Pellets
- Set Traeger to 350˚ F, hit enter and hit ignite
- Rinse and air dry the brussels sprouts
- While air drying, mix the marinade
- Place into a mixing bowl or aluminum disposable pan
- Pour marinade over the whole brussels sprouts
- Mix well to ensure they are coated with the marinade. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to absorb marinade
- Preheat your Traeger to 350˚ F
- Toss the Brussels sprouts again to coat once more
- Carefully Skewer the brussels sprouts, being careful to not pack them on tightly
- Open Traeger and place the Brussels Skewers onto grill
- Roast for 5 minutes on the first side
- Open the grill, using a towel or hot pad holder, rotate the skewers to the next side
- Close the lid and continue to roast until desired doneness is reached, aprox cook time 15-20 minutes
- Remove using a towel and tongs, place onto a surface that will handle hot items
- For a nice glaze and finish, drizzle with Fire Honey
- For a nice crunch, top with toasted salted pistachios
- Serve with tongs or remove from the skewer and serve with a spoon
- Smaller Brussel sprouts char faster, so if you want quick and easy cooking, look for smaller sprouts.
- Start you Traeger or grill before the prep work to save time.
- Use a zip lock bag to mix up seasoning and marinade, this will be easy to mix and marinate, with the benefit of less clean up and mess.
- Roasted peppers pair well as a side dish with the grilled sprouts.
For more helpful tips and recipes, visit Ace Hardware's Tip & Advice online or go to a Neighborhood Ace.
Published on 10/5/2021.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions before using any product.
These “How-To’s” are provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in Ace Hardware’s “how-to” videos and/or articles is intended to provide general guidelines for projects in and outside of your home. Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes, local regulations are continually changing. Ace Hardware assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and disclaims any liability for the omissions, errors or the outcome of any project. It is the responsibility of the viewer to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, codes and regulations for a project and the product being used. The viewer must always take proper safety precautions and exercise caution when taking on any project or using materials of said project. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts in regards to any element of what is displayed in the videos and/or articles, contact a licensed professional.